Between 1998 and 2008 I was a Software-Engineer, experienced in building and managing ,distributed, enterprise content management systems, incorporating proprietary search technologies. I did extensive development work on UNIX/Linux systems and network services, as well Java client/server programming.
- C POSIX programming: threads, IPC, memory mapped files, signals.
- Java programming: java threads, NIO, JNI, RMI, XML, Log4j, Ant,
Castor Data Binding.
- XML technologies: SAX, DOM, Schemas.
- Databases: MySQL, Sybase, SQL, database design, JDBC.
- Networking: RPC, XML-RPC, RMI, Sockets, TCP/IP
- Network Area Storage: iSCSI Protolcol
- Platforms: Linux (Red-Hat, Gentoo), Windows (NT/2000/XP).
- Tools: CVS, gdb, gcc, make, emacs, daemontools, vi, ssh, eclipse,
o 2005 - 2008. Software Engineer, Decru - A NetApp Company
In Charge of iSCSI Protocol. Adding Support and Developing Product Enhancement.
various versions of Linux and Windows.
- Added Support for Various Technologies. Adding Support to a variety of Platforms and Vendors.
o 2001 - 2005 Senior Engineer, Siftology Inc., Palo Alto, CA
About Siftology - Siftology makes NLP based content management systems
for news organizations. It provides real-time search and relating capabilities
as well as document-classification and semantic clustering of unstructured
At Siftology Inc., I managed, developed, and maintained all aspects of
server side functionality and the corresponding APIs.
Between 2001 - 2003:
- Enclosed the company's proprietary document indexing system (written in C)
in a client server model and built a content management system around it
(Perl, C, RPC).
- Designed and built a web crawler (Perl) for 'drinking' content from the web
into the Siftology system.
- Designed and developed a front end Web UI (Perl CGI, PHP, XML-RPC, Apache).
- Managed all administrative aspects of development and operations of our
- In charge or parsing and assimilating web content and various proprietary
formats into our system.
Between 2003 - 2005:
- Migrated servers to be multi-platform (Java, C, RPC).
- Designed and implemented thin clients used by our UI developers for server
- Implemented client server communication in the RPC Protocol and later
started migrating communication to RMI.
- Developed, and maintained the system to be multi-platform (Linux, Windows).
- Migrated our fully 'in RAM' indexing system to work with our new design
(Java, C, NIO, JNI).
- Developed an asynchronous swap out mechanism (RAM to Storage) for working
with larger sets of data.
- Worked with Siftology clients to fully integrate our system into their
All Development was done on a Linux Platform.
o 1998 - 2001 Software Engineer, Tandem Labs, Compaq, Israel
Participated in the following Projects:
- Using ServerNetTM, A proprietary System Area Network and the VIA protocol
for improving cluster performance.
- Component owner in a project involving research and development in the
Catalog Manager, and the Binder, of the SQL compiler.
All Development was done in C++ on a Windows platform.
1995 - 2000 BS.c. in Computer Science Department at the Technion,
the Israeli Institute of Technology, Israel.
The 4th year if this program is dedicated to advanced topics in the computer
science theory and practice.
Total average: 86.9 Cum Laude.